There are a lot of things women aren’t told about prior to getting breast implants, but end up wishing they had been.
When people talk about breast implants they generally consider only whether or not they make women sick, but there is so much more to consider, and know. We need to broaden the conversation.
The following is a list of some things to consider (there are many more):
- DESTRUCTIVE CHANGES TO THE CHEST WALL
- BREAST IMPLANTS CAN BE COLD, like having a cold gel pack over your heart and lungs
- ONCE YOU HAVE BREAST IMPLANTS YOU WON’T EXPERIENCE HEART TO HEART HUGS AGAIN UNTIL THEY ARE REMOVED
- INCREASED SENSITIVITY TO MOLD, CHEMICALS and MEDICINES
- FINDING A SURGEON TO PROPERLY REMOVE BREAST IMPLANTS ‘en-bloc’ MIGHT NOT BE EASY
- WOMEN NEARLY ALWAYS COMMENT THAT THEY CAN BREATHE AGAIN AFTER EXPLANT, even right out of the operating room
- LAYING ON YOUR STOMACH IS OFTEN UNCOMFORTABLE WITH BREAST IMPLANTS
- WHEN BREAST IMPLANTS RUPTURE SILICONE CAN MIGRATE TO THE LYMPH SYSTEM, and from there to the lungs, liver, brain, ovaries, retinas, and other places
- EVEN WITHOUT RUPTURE SILICONE CAN BE FOUND IN LYMPH NODES AND SURROUNDING TISSUE from gel bleed
- RASHES ARE COMMON FOR WOMEN WITH BREAST IMPLANTS
- MAJOR FINANCIAL COMMITMENT, especially with multiple sets of breast implants (surgeries, diagnostic testing to check integrity of implants, etc)
- MULTIPLE SURGERIES (at least two)
- HEALTH CANADA’S HIGHEST RISK RATING – Category IV
- ALL BREAST IMPLANTS WILL FAIL – they are time-limited devices
- WOMEN WITH BREAST IMPLANTS ARE HUMAN GUINEA PIGS
- UNDISCLOSED INGREDIENTS IN BREAST IMPLANTS, including known carcinogens, neurotoxins and endocrine disrupters…
- WHEN YOU HAVE BREAST IMPLANTS YOU BECOME A MEDICAL LIABILITY
- MOST WOMEN WHO BECOME ILL WITH BREAST IMPLANTS WILL BE TOLD THEIR ILLNESS IS IN THEIR HEAD
- COST TO THE HEALTH CARE SYSTEM FOUR TIMES THE AVERAGE
- INCREASED INCIDENCE OF SUICIDE
- DISCONNECT AROUND BREAST IMPLANTS … often women with implants are health & fitness conscious, but have toxic devices within
- MISCONCEPTION REGARDING MODERN BREAST IMPLANTS (the ‘new’ supposedly safer implants are made from basically the same technology as the 60-70 year old ones)
- BUYER BEWARE – Health Canada’s stamp of approval does NOT necessarily mean a product is safe
- IN A SURVEY, women who had their breast implants removed were asked what advice they would give to women considering breast implants. The most common response was, ‘DON’T DO IT!’
Watch for FYI posts on many of these topics!
2 thoughts on “Broadening the Conversation About Breast Implants”
Wish this list was given to each patient considering getting them aye?!… 😉
Yes, if women only truly knew what they would be getting themselves into with breast implants!